Sunday, August 01, 2010

Dead Kitty on Main street

Tonight I saw a kitten attempt to cross main street near redwood. It almost made it, but it got hit by a minivan. If my bus was on time I would not have seen it, so thanks a lot Winnipeg Transit. There was nothing I could do, in any case. It's rather sad that the blue/gray minivan decided to go full speed ahead and kill the thing when the car closest to the curb on the left hand lane slowed to a stop. I bet he was on a cell phone or something.

So if anyone out there is missing a kitten, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Though there is a Darwinistic sense to the whole thing. I've seen other cats and (more often) dogs wait for cars to stop coming before making a mad dash for the other side. If this teaches us anything, its this. You have your whole life ahead of you, don't rush into things, or the life ahead of you will instead be short. Sadly a tiny kitten could never be wise enough to grasp that.

No comments: