Monday, October 19, 2009

I like to ride my Bicycle I like to ride it through stop signs


Slate has an intriguing article about Cyclists and laws in Idaho pertaining to them, which goes into the questions of bike paths and lanes vs vehicular traffic, the nature of stop signs as they relate to bikes. The benefit of a bike being that you build up momentum. if you have to come to a full stop at every stop sign, you lose one of the main benefits of said bike. The notion of bikes treating stops more as yields. Heck I think cars should be able to treat most stop signs as yields in Winnipeg anyways, they're there just as a cash cow and nothing more. We should be replacing half the stop signs in this city with yield signs. Also, Red lights at 2 in the morning should be flashing yellow or flashing red not the useless garbage we have now. Whatever happened to all the flashing lights in this city anyways? Is it just me or are there fewer now than there used to be.

No comments: