Monday, January 09, 2012

CBC premieres promising new pilot "Mr D."

Right before Little Mosque on the Prairie, which I will never willingly watch, but thank Allah for PVR's. Mr. D starring Gerry Dee was actually a pretty funny first episode, especially for a CBC show. It's almost cruel to put it next to Little Mosque, which is about as funny as a U.N. committee on eradicating polio.

Anyways, I figured I'd watch it on a whim, and I was pleasantly surprised. I got a few good laughs out of it. I hope the characters get fleshed out more but they're all entertaining to watch. I am amazed that this got produced at CBC. This is the best CBC show since Fred Penner's place. That's right, you heard me. This show is almost as good as Fred Penner's place.

Seriously though, it's worth a look. But as Fred Penner always said, you don't have to take my word for it! Oh wait that was Reading Rainbow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Mosque On The Prairie truly does suck on epic proportions.

Anonymous said...

I think Little Mosque is occassionally funny enough. I saw a Fred Penner show with Molly J. on it as guest, and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen on TV. It was about the only time I watched it however.